Pam Telschow Luo
1415 Fountain Street, Alameda, CA 94501
H 1(510)788-0206 firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance professional with 16 years of experience in corporate financial analysis, planning, and accounting. Multi-industry/business sector experience: retail, manufacturing, leasing, and technical services.
Solid accounting experience. Have completed numerous monthly closes, year-end closes, account reconciliations, variance analysis & reporting, financial statement preparation, supported third party audits, chart of account conversions, and two new GL accounting system implementations.
Numerous annual planning cycles successfully completed. Work closely with executive and operational management to translate management objectives and targets into annual operating budgets for business units and corporate departments.
Support Business Operations with strong analytical skills focused on key performance indicators:
· Price/Volume variance analysis at consolidated & business unit level. Help management focus on controlling costs and accountability in unpredictable sales environment. Invited to conduct training seminars for non-finance management.
· Theoretical scenarios modeled for new product proposals and marketing promotions. Then compared to actual results.
· Product line productivity analysis, including the mark to market of internal transfers between business units.
· Capital investment analysis.
· Working with senior management, develop and implement “scorecard” of metrics: financial and other
· Analyze existing operations and disposition costs to prioritize disposition of underperforming assets.
Experienced forecasting both top-level and bottom-up. Used external economic data, trends, and internal program projections to develop forecasts. Focus on EBITDA. Also modeled loan covenant performance.
Significant cash flow forecasting and reporting experience, including for a company in reorganizational bankruptcy (Chapter 11).
Executive presentation preparation with CFO and CEO for: Board of Directors, current and prospective lenders and investors on topics ranging from quarterly operating results and forecasts, annual plans, strategic initiatives, joint venture proposals, restructuring status updates, and business disposition proposals.
Worked closely with investment banking firm to generate “the book” used to market a company for sale. Supported due diligence process by third parties.
· at US headquarters dealing with international transactions & subsidiaries
· at overseas subsidiary location of multinational corporation
· Directed staff in maintenance of complete accounting records in local and US currency. Responsible for company’s FAS52 compliance. Directed accounting service providers in foreign countries to ensure preparation of accounting, tax, and payroll records in compliance with local country standards. Managed year-end audits by third parties.
· Supported operations personnel overseas on financial and administrative issues. Gained significant operational treasury experience working with local banks. Responsible for international operations cash management.
· Project management skills to deliver complex projects completely and on time!
· Superior Excel modeling skills.
· Use Access as a tool to significantly improve handling efficiency and accuracy of scenario data: plan, actual, prior year, forecast, strategic plan.
· Extensive experience reading legal documents (debt agreements, partnerships, leases) to ensure actions taken and subsequent accounting and reporting are conducted per agreement terms.
· Very good in PowerPoint.
Pam Telschow Luo Financial Consulting April 2005 – present
· AutoDesk, (San Rafael, CA) Excel model for start-up business group. Enabled management to vary strategic assumptions and generate integrated financial statements (P&L, balance sheet and cash flow).
· Coffey Management Company, (Rancho Santa Margarita, CA) Cash receipts forecasting & analysis project for the debt refinancing of a client.
· Engineered Environments Inc., (Alameda, CA) Excel model to calculate sales tax - is the auditable backup used to complete sales tax forms filed with numerous jurisdictions (local, county, state).
Chevys, Inc., Emeryville, California Oct. 1998 – March 2005
Joined growing national restaurant chain (annual sales $300 million with 79 stores) as senior financial analyst. Supported acquisition of competitor in 1999 – number of stores almost doubled to 130. 2001 economic downturn coincided with integration and performance issues of new and acquired stores. Promoted to Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in March 2002. Retained as key employee during
Chapter 11 - filed October 2003. Assisted new owner with integration for three months after sale.
Hexcel Corporation, Pleasanton, California August 1996 – October 1998
Led FP&A group for publicly traded manufacturer of advanced composite materials (‘97 sales of $937 million) 18 manufacturing locations in the U.S. and Europe. Managed two analysts. Reported to controller.
KENETECH Corporation, San Francisco, California July 1994 – July 1996
Assistant Manager, International Accounting for a publicly traded alternative energy company. Responsible for accounting and reporting for fast growing group of international affiliates which constructed and operated wind power plants in Spain, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Costa Rica, Hungary, and Canada. Also responsible for accounting and reporting of unaffiliated foreign project entities which had been sold to investors and owned the wind plants. Supervised 2-4 individuals (exempt and non-exempt).
General Electric Company
GENSTAR Container Leasing (San Francisco, California)
Team Leader : Cash, Capital & Special Projects April 1993 – July 1994
GE Capital Corporation (Stamford, Connecticut)
Business Analyst: Corporate Information Systems 1991
Job assignments during GE Financial Management Program August 1988 – January 1991
GE Nuclear Energy (Wilmington, North Carolina): Financial Analyst (six months)
GE Technical Services Corporation (Madrid, Spain): Finance Representative for Spanish Activities (one year)
GE Nuclear Energy (San Jose, California): Financial Planning & Analysis – Analyst (six months)
Decimus Computer Leasing (SF, California): Accountant – lease accounting & cash management (six months)
General Electric Company - Financial Management Training Program completed June 1991
A two and a half year program which combined graduate level course work with
job assignments in different areas of finance and accounting.
University of California, Berkeley; B.S. in Business Administration graduated June 1988
Emphasis in Management Science - the application of quantitative approaches
to business problems: Just-In-Time, Queuing Theory, Theory of Constraints
Spent a year traveling in Europe and across U.S.. Relocated from Connecticut to California 1992
Started a family with my husband. 2006
Carter born May 2006 and Edward born February 2008.